Creating a Customer Experience Strategy
Customer experience, (or CX in marketing parlance), is what the customers thinks, reacts to, and decides during their journey. CX is every interaction and the thoughts about that interaction during every stage of the sales cycle. Customer experience is different than customer support in that it is a strategy for the entire lifecycle rather than just when there is an issue. If you want your customers to stay with you, you have to invest in their experience.
Why is CX important?
- Retaining customers costs less than new customer acquisition. The better the CX the less chance they will go elsewhere.
- Great experiences allows for easier upsells.
- Happy customers become brand advocates and help with marketing and sales by leaving positive reviews, word of mouth, social sharing and more.
How To Create A Customer Experience Strategy
1) Define the goals and actions you want a customer to take.
2) Map the points along the customer’s journey and who will be responsible for it.
(I like consulting expert’s Mckinsey’s definition of the customer journey: “The decision-making process is now a circular journey with four phases: initial consideration; active evaluation, or the process of researching potential purchases; closure, when consumers buy brands; and postpurchase, when consumers experience them”)
3) Know your Audience- Who do you think is your audience? Who do you know is your audience? Who do you want to be your audience? Google analytics can provide incredibly valuable insights on this.
4) Determine the tone, response and authority given at each touchpoint. For example, does a customer service agent have the power to refund, authorize an upgrade, etc? Do you want your company to be known as compassionate, funny, environmentally conscious, family friendly, etc? There is no right answer to this question, however whatever is the tone, make it authentic and try to strive for an emotional connection.
5) Implement Technology Across Touchpoints To Allow You To Communicate 24/7 in the methods your customers want
6) Ask for real-time feedback during any communication. An easy way to do this is simply by asking, how could we improve your experience today?. Another method is the net promoter score. NPR score models are used often by large companies.
7) Follow up after purchase. This is huge and where many companies fail. Since there is often no direct revenue attached to this step, many don’t make the effort.
How Does BirdSeed Help Your CX Strategy?
When mapping how the customer is going to interact and where specifically on the website, many businesses rely on BirdSeed. BirdSeed offers a one-button easy way to implement multiple communication methods 24/7 on your website without making it complex, ugly or expensive.
When they are ready, the customers push a button to launch our engagement platform which offers them several ways to engage with you- however they feel most comfortable. These methods include:
Call – Call Us, Now or have Us Call You
Knowledge Library- Answers to FAQs
Schedule a Demo- Set a time to go over a product or service demonstration
Download a White Paper- Let them download infographics, white papers or other important materials directly
Ask A Question- Let the customer submit a question and you will respond
Chat with Us – Unique Live Video Chat
How about those customers wanting engagement at times you aren’t available? You can customize our engagement platform to hide tools such as live chat when you are away, to create a seamlessly, yet constantly engaging, experience for all your customers. An important part of a good customer experience is to have a platform that lets people feel that they matter to your business and addresses their concerns immediately.
Intеrасtіоnѕ with ѕоmеоnе аt a соmраnу is рrоbаblу оnе оf thе mоѕt реrѕоnаl аnd value-creating tоuсhроіntѕ fоr a сuѕtоmеr; fruѕtrаtіоnѕ оr іnсоnѕіѕtеnсу among that wіll potentially challenges into opportunities and turn a lukewarm potential customer to a fierce loyal brand advocate if they are taken care of well by your business.
The customer experience strategy is simply a way of thinking about your engagement in an есоѕуѕtеm оf communication сhаnnеlѕ thаt ѕuрроrt уоur buѕіnеѕѕ strategy аnd customer nееdѕ to provide the best possible experience for your customer.
If you would like to see how BirdSeed can help improve your customer’s online experience, contact us today.